I’ve been trying my hand recently at this whole youtube thing, to varying degrees of success, and thought I’d share one of those videos here.
It’s only a quick one at just 30 seconds, of a banana and cherry loaf cake that I made for my dad a few weeks ago.
Now that I’ve moved home again I seem to have started earning my keep by baking cakes. My parents are not complaining.
I hope you enjoy the video! (I’m secretly quite proud of it.)
5oz caster sugar
5oz self-raising flour
A handful of cherries
A few drops of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Cream butter and caster sugar together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Grease and line loaf tin.
- Pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 170ºC for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.